Saturday, July 25, 2009

Indulging with the Gal Pals

Its not often that I have such a long leisure break from working.. so the lazy moi actually organized gatherings with the friends that i hold dear. Those who noes me well will understand that lazy lazy moi is neber the organizer for meet ups, often.. its the rest who comes up with the gatherings.. Weell, its my first long break in years.. so..i'm veri free, and wanna indulge abit with my best gal pals before chonging at the new work place. So.. its buffet galore the past 2 days.. ;p


Met up with Fen on friday for our outing to Rose Veranda at Shangrila hotel, weekday high tea. The place has 102 tea selections.. the tea lover moi is in tea haven..ha..We had the high tea buffet.. The savoury food selection was rather limited, although i did enjoy the sushi. I was so stuffed with the savoury choices that i could barely managed with the selection at the dessert bar. But, high tea is about scones and baked items.. especially with the great selection of teas available. I started with a wellness tea called " life and beauty" and Fen Fen had the Pai Mu Tan with Melon. We ended the meal with a sweet fruit infusion tea called "sweet kisses" which had notes of strawberries. I liked Fen's Pai Mu Tan tea veri much.. it really had a faint smell of melons..

Just heart the pretty tea set

Fen was saying that we would need to go back 50 times to finish trying out the entire selection of teas!! Its a nice place to seat and enjoy high tea with its pretty france-made teapots and teacups. My only regret was that i got quite sick towards the end of the meal with a headache, so i din make a good chat partner for Fen and we din manage to "walk walk" at Ion. Ha.. gives me good reason to return again for more high tea, although i like the high tea at Goodwood Park Hotel's L'Espresso a tad better.

My dessert selection


Fen's dessert selection

My 2nd buffet indulgence was this afternoon's weekend buffet at Jing Resturant, located at my favourite part of the country. Just heart the waterfront.



Jinny brought her hubby and baby Kayson.. He's so cutez that we gals had a great time going ga ga over him..or rather Han was going ga ga.. while Hui and I were more sane..opps. The food selection was extensive and of good quality..well worth the moolah, considering the exorbitant ala carte prices. I will definitely be back for more of the buffet.. in time to come.

Din managed to get a good pic of the buffet..

For moi has had enough of buffets to last me for some time. Too stuffed..Great food and great company. What more can one ask for?

No comments: