Wednesday, February 02, 2005

When a molehill became a mountain

Something happened at work recently that made me truely realise that the working world is indeed not the same as the study world i use to inhabit.. I was put on duty wif another person and we were short handed that nite... although I was hasitant abt being left on my own when my partner goes for his rest..i gamely agreed to take on the challenge.. but.. my collegue..being the kind person that he is..refused to go take his rest at the allocated time.. he stayed on to help me..in case there are cases that I cannot handle.. i was grateful.. and mentioned it to the person in charge of the roster that Mr Ng refused to go and rest..

I went to work the following nite feeling cheery..i saw on the roster that instead of putting 2 person like the previous..there was an additional person deployed there.. so i innocently commented that..heyz..tonite I'm put as understudy again.. and my boss also pop by and ask me how i was coping.. but later on i realised..to my dismay and absolute shock..people are commenting that the additional manpower was deployed there becouse I could not handle my work..thata why they need to put so many pple at such a easy place.. my heart sank.. and i was truely depressed that whole nite.. i mean... Mr Ng refused to go and rest dispite my constant asking..and his kindness has resulted in me being labelled as incompetent..and him feeling gulity for causing me so much trouble...haiz.. how can people make judgements without understanding the entire story..how can something so simpe be so distorted..its truely scarely ...come to think of it..that messages get distorted as it passes frm person to person.. I may be a slow learner..but i do put in effort to learn my wk and to be labelled as incompetent for no reason leaves me sad and angry..think the wking world is too complex..wonder how and i going to survive the next few decades huh..

No comments: