Sunday, August 02, 2009

Moving Onz

Time flies when you are on vacation. The decadence of splurging, the luxury of elusive time. Its been a great break after 5 years in the job mart.. 5 full weeks of vacation.
  • I've travelled ( although not as much and to the destination that I want to)
  • I've rested
  • I've read (both blogs and books)
  • I've blogged
  • I've shopped (both online and in the stores)
  • I've watched some vcds
  • I've ate at nice restaurants I wanted to try out
  • I've played with the cute niece and nephew loads
  • I've baked a fair bit

Many things which could not have been done in such abundance and easy pace on a working adult's schedule. Indeed, time is a scarcity these days.. and its time to focus on work.. or rather, work is a time consuming activity that takes up a great chunk of time. Being married, the rest of the time is split between the hubby, the family, the in-laws, the home, the friends, the computer. No wonder there are so many idiosyncrasies and illness that is associated with stress of modern living and the lack of time.

All the splurging aside, August represents a fresh start.. to be a frugal working moi. The end of my 20s is dawning, I've gotta save more for retirement and investment. I believe its possible.. when i first started working, I remember saving for months just to get a pretty bag i convert.. and when i was a poor struggling student in my final year, one bag was enough to last moi the entire school year.. there was also one year where mommie was in poor health and not working much.. the year, moi only had one part of shoes for the entire year. So, its time to readjust the mentality. The current lifestyle is comfortable..but, tits time to splurge less on frivolous stuff and to save for rainy days. Aizz..This probably means only one branded bag per year and to get more mileage on my personnel effects. so, this posting will serve as a 'reminder' to moiself yah..

No comments: