Sunday, August 14, 2005

"Big Long Now "

Yupee... I finally finished watching my "Big Long Now" .. It was 70 episodes.. and being the drama addict that i can be... phew... I've finished watching it.. Great ending.. the typical korean drama where everything ends well..with the heroine ending up happy wif the hero.. but.. hey.. she is the more capable than her man yah..kindda good a show to watch if you are feminist... " Why is a woman's status always lower than man?"

... Thank god I'm a morden gal living in morden gal Singapore.. although sometimes i still think the status quo and the gender issuse reminds deeply embedded even against this morden backdrop.. like the lower quota for female medical students.. less welfare benefits for female employees.. and even in the family.. I still vividly rem when i was younger... my parent used to say in hokkien " give birth to chicken egg you dun.. but shit you do" and words like " if you cannot study... go work in a factory" .. Now years later.. in a weird way.. i've finally proved that I'm the more brainy child to him.. that I could also study and earn as much.. if not more than my bro.. weird.. why am i suddenly recounting these memories from my childhood? When i have always known that he prefered my bro to me.. Hump.. must be the hodes of people outside kranji i saw today.. i kept thinking that i would see his face in the crowd of uncles exiting after the races.. oh well..

No comments: