Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Baking Attempt for the Year

Saw a recipe for cupcakes from a blog which i read. A friend's friend's blog. The recipe looked quite simple, so i decided to give it a try tonight. The good thing about having the necessary ingredients is that I do not have to pick up loads of stuff whenever I feel like baking.


Its a recipe which used a lot more eggs and butter, giving the finished product a more cakey consistency. The dearie liked the cupcakes. The best of the lot so far, he says. He also tried twigging the receipe abit, by adding some coffee granules into one of the cupcakes. The finished product tasted quite mocca like, and surprising good as well.
I tried one piece and kept remembering the amount of sugar and butter which went into the mixture. Urrgghh.. I guess I'm one who rather cook den eat. At least till I've lost the extra weight I've piled on in the past year. Its a good start, I wanna do some cookies for the upcoming lunar new year. And maybe make some chocolate truffles as well. Let's see how it goes. Quite an accomplished day, this Sunday of mine.

No comments: