Wednesday, February 09, 2011

This CNY

Its a busy yet not so busy Chinese New Year. Busy with looking after the little one. Not so busy because we are staying at the in-laws and I am still on maternity leave. I din "spring-clean" the homeland or got any new year goodies. (Although i still had a great time munching on the bwa kwa,pineapple tarts, kueh lapis etc at the in-laws's place and totally whacking my diet plan..haiz)


Its the usual steamboat at the in-laws a day before CNY eve with the familiar food like homemade fishballs, green chilli. I din really enjoy the meal much as baby was cranky and I had to feed him halfway thru the meal.


For CNY eve..We had dinner at the homeland with my bro and mum and the in-laws as per the arrangement after we got married. Baby slept for most of the meal, so i ate more this time round. We got teochew "peng cai" for this year as we wanted to try something different and not focus on steamboat.

The homemade Yu Sheng from Aunty Patsy
The "Peng Cai consisting of cold crab, steam fish, prawns teochew style

Seafood pot-Part of the Peng Cai



Visited the dearie's relatives and my mum for "Chu Yi" and went to the sis-in-law's place for "Chu Er". Steamboat at the homeland with the family on "Chu San". That's 2011 Chinese New Year in summary. Hee

No comments: