Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ahem.. Back after a short absence

Din realise that time just flow by.. quite comfy and settled in the new section.. enjoying normal workin hours.. although the hours are long long long.. can't seem to be able to finish my work on time.. and 7pm knock off time is becoming the norm.. i seem to have been buried by the motions of work. No time to smell the roses, to enjoy the musky bleeze after the rain, nice songs that touch me so, and the simple things that i used to enjoy so..

This past one week was pure heaven, my Vietnam trip with the dear one and mama ,and the days of blissful sleep.. strange, that things I used to like, like enthic bags and little stuff, no longer touch me as much as they did during my last trip to HCMC.. rather, it was the simplicity of being able to explore the nooks and crannies of the raw city that tags at my heart.. yes.. 5 months without a break and my travels have left me deviod of the little pleasures i enjoy so much..

That said, I am nevertheless challenged by the work that is thrown to me at the new work unit, the chance to write papers, implement projects, challenge myself for self developement. Many many projects upcoming for the later half of the year and its a challenge to follow rem through. The skills that i will acquire at this work unit is forever mine for keeping.. the little boss is an affable person, but the big boss's moods and tides leave me feeling thrown and beaten. If I can find another job which interests me, i will move, i think... the feeling of inertia scares me.. the knowledge that if i take no action for this year, i will prob be bounded by many factors to stay on this job.. Work life balance? I hope i dun burn out so soon..esp when i clearly do not enjoy certain aspects of the job.. hummp.. piity that i am fairly certain i will do okay well if i stay on...

Next vacation is prob only in Sept, if i am unable to make it for the white water rafting trip to malaysia.. fingers crossed.. and the club med bintan trip in july due to the major project in june.. ;p

No comments: